Transcript Requests

Who is my School Counselor?

Jessica Kapellusch
9th & 11th Grades
Missy Werner
10th & 12th Grades
Emily Koepnick
Adult Education

Need help on creating your Federal Student Aid ID?  Click here – FAFSA-Creating ID Instructions


SOPHOMORE SURVEY  <- click here

SENIOR SURVEY  <- click here

Dual Credit Opportunities

Under two different State of Wisconsin programs, high school students may apply to take college or technical college courses for both high school and college credit. Tuition and books for students enrolled in approved courses will be paid by Kenosha Unified School District.
To participate in this program, students must complete an application by the due date during the semester prior to enrollment.  The student must meet the admission requirements set by the participating colleges.  Course must meet district-approved guidelines.  Courses comparable to high school courses will not be approved.  Interested students should explore Early College Credit and/or Start College now on the KUSD website, fill out necessary paperwork and then meet with their school counselor to discuss their interest, course approval and guidelines, and the impact the desired course work may have on their high school educational program and future plans.
NOTE: a high school student will be limited to a maximum of 18 post-secondary credits and cannot have concurrent enrollment in the Start College Now Program and Early College Credit Program. Courses allowed at the technical college are for students enrolled in  grades 11-12.  The university courses are for students in grades 9-12. See KUSD Policy and Rule 6435 – WI Technical College Start College Now Program and Policy and Rule 6450 – Early College Credit Program for more details.
Early College Credit Program for university courses; and the Start College Now Program for Technical Schools (both formerly Youth Options) information is listed below. Please be aware each of these programs have specific criteria, restrictions, and availability – investigate each option with either the school or associated links below.

Early College Credit Program:

UW-Parkside – Current 10th & 11th grade students can earn college credit during the fall semester 2018 through UW-Parkside’s Early College Credit Program (ECCP). To see what courses are available, click here- UW-Parkside Course Offerings. Click here and complete- UW System ECCP Participation Form (this form must be typed, then printed/signed)Click here and print- UW-Early College Credit forms   – completed forms must be turned into your school counselor for approval by due date.

Start College Now Program:

Gateway Technical College – Current 10th & 11th grade students can earn college credit during the fall semester 2018 through Gateway’s Start College Now Program. To see what courses are available, click here- GTC Courses Offerings.  Click here and complete- Gateway Start-College-Now Application (this form must be typed, then printed/signed). Click here and print GTC- Start College Now forms –  completed forms must be turned into your school counselor for approval by due date.
Gateway New Student Specialist – Patrice Fullilove-McCall,   262-564-2438,   fax: 262-564-2301 




Reasons to Visit Your School Counselor

Students can visit their counselor for a variety of reasons.
Here are just a few of the services that your counselor provides:
    • Schedule conflicts and changes
    • Credit concerns – am I on track to graduate?
    • Personal concerns and emotional issues
    • College and career counseling
    • Scholarship information
    • Small groups
(For other Personal Concerns, including thoughts of suicide, self harm, etc, please click on the link.)

College Investigation and Career Exploration

It is never too early to start thinking about college. We have resources available to help!